What is EDB and how does it assist investors?
The Economic Development Board (EDB) is a single-point of contact for investments in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It is also the first point of contact for single-window facilitation and guides investors for seamless movement of investments.The EDB assists investors in the following ways
- It liaisons with relevant departments, agencies and bodies in the centre and state for all matters relevant to the investor right from expediting approvals, securing infrastructural facilities like land, factory visits, power, water and telecommunication.
- It handholds and assists investors in obtaining necessary approvals for projects until they are operational
- It supports existing companies find partners, seek new markets to diversify and help capacity expansion
- It also facilitates one-on-one meetings with officials from relevant ministries, departments, agencies and boards
What are the types of applications evaluated by EDB?
The Economic Development Board is a single-point of contact for any investments in the state of Andhra Pradesh.The EDB helps investors in the following type of applications
- Pre-establishment applications including registration, approvals, incentives and licenses
- Pre-operation including allotment, grievance redressals and verification
- Other approvals
What are the advantages of going through EDB?
The Economic Development Board will streamline the tedious and time-consuming process of investment facilitation by creating an investor friendly environment and improve the ease of doing business in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
The EDB liaisons with respective ministries, departments and bodies for registrations, approvals, procedures, licences & allotment on behalf of the investor thus putting the onus of regulatory framework on the EDB.
The EDB also provides advisory on implementing projects in the state of Andhra Pradesh until they are operational.
Do I need to approach any other department to complete my approval process?
Once you approach the EDB, there is no need to approach any department for taking any approvals.
Does EDB help me find partners for sourcing or joint ventures in the state of Andhra Pradesh?
Where can I find the details of suitable land parcels for setting up an industry?
In 'Other links’ tab the information on suitable land parcels is available. The investor can find details on Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC) estates, Private Industrial estates and Government land-banks.
Where can I find sector specific policies, if I want more information, whom do I get in touch with?
The Economic Development Board has sector-specific consultants with vast experience to facilitate investments in different sectors. The information on sector specific policies is available on our website. However, if an investor were to require further information and guidance on various sectors, they can click here.
Can I get specific details regarding all State approvals applicable for establishing my enterprise?
What are the main incentives for manufacturing/service/agriculture sectors?
Please refer to the information under various sectors in the website. If you would require additional information on incentives, subsidies and agriculture, please do write to us and we will get back to you